1. You can signup to our product using this link: https://login.ondmarc.com/signup
2. Once you have signed up you can start adding your domains to the account. You will initially have a 14 day trial period during which your email volume will be calculated. Email volume is just one factor that helps to guide you towards an appropriate subscription package. For more information on email volume please click on the following button.
3. For each of your main domains added you will have to create a DMARC record in DNS which will be provided to you by the OnDMARC tool. You can ignore the message for any subdomains as the DMARC policy for your main domain will cover subdomains as well unless you would like to have a different policy for a subdomains in which case you can use the "sp=" tag in your DMARC record to specify a policy for your subdomains.
4. After the DNS records have been created and propagated across the internet, the tool will wait for the first reports to start flowing in. This typically takes around 24 hours.
5. Once the first reports are received you will be able to see the sources that send email on your behalf and any passes or failures with regards to SPF and DKIM for each source. The SPF and DKIM results shown are with respect to DMARC identifier alignment. This will be shown in the Reports section of the tool. To learn more about identifier alignment click on the button below.
6. Then you can go to Actions and identify the legitimate sources of email (the ones that you use) by clicking on YES, and the ones that are not legitimate with NO.
7. For the sources of email that you have identified with YES, you will be given instructions on how to set them up with SPF and DKIM.
If you make a mistake in terms of identifying sources with YES or NO, you can go to Email Sources and remove the entry from there. This is the place where you can see the sources that you have identified as legitimate (represented as Assets) and the ones that you have identified as not legitimate (represented as Threats). From this section you can also add your Assets in advance (before reports start flowing in) and fill-out their SPF and DKIM parts.
For more information on the Email Sources section of the tool please click on the button below.
Steps 5-7 can be repeated as more reports are received and until you have correctly configured all of your sources with SPF and DKIM. The Actions section should be monitored regularly and suggested actions need to be taken.
This is an ongoing process until you reach 100% DMARC reject policy. Once you are ready the tool will suggest that the DMARC record for your domains can be changed to a reject policy.
To learn more about SPF, DKIM, DMARC and our OnDMARC tool please click on the button below. Our knowledgebase contains a large amount of information with regards to the protocols and other OnDMARC features that we provide.
If you have further questions regarding the OnDMARC tool you can reach us via our chat option on the website or you can send us an email using the button below.